Full Immersion White Water Kayak 2 picks up where Full Immersion White Water Kayak 1 leaves off. Spend Saturday and Sunday on two local river runs polishing the principles of boat control, building more skills and confidence.
This is an excellent course for any paddler looking to take beginning white water kayak skills to the next level or dust off some skills that haven’t been used in a while. Full Immersion White Water Kayak 2 is scheduled monthly year round. Call for details.
- Practice reading a river
- Start developing an intuitive roll on both sides in the pool and river
- Refine beginning skills by developing efficient strokes and using the features of the river
- Practice rolling in current
- Creating blade awareness
- Surfing waves
- Catching small dynamic eddies
- Linking moves on the river
- Boof techniques
- Dynamic river moves including “C” and “S”-turns
- and much much more!!
What you will need for this course: (be sure to read to the bottom)
Saturday and Sunday on the water :
We will be on the river on Saturday AND Sunday during this class. Be sure to bring a sack lunch we can pack down the river in a small drybag.
If you are un-able to bring the items listed below please let us know as we can provide them if needed.
We typiaclly provide immersion wear in the form of either a neoprene wetsuit or nylon drysuit with latex gasket seals and neoprene boots.
Only in the hottest summer months do we run courses without some form of immersion wear. The water is cold year round so you will need to bring layers to wear under the suits provided.
- Sunglasses with retention device (i.e. Croakies, Chums, etc)
- NO COTTON Synthetic top and bottom layers (thermal underwear, heavier wt. for cooler weather)
- Nylon shorts and/or swimsuit for warmer days
- Hiking style wool or synthetic socks
- Water bottle
- LUNCH small enough to pack into the boats
- Towel and change of clothes for ride home
- Water proof camera
- River shoes or booties of your own
If you have your own drysuit, wetsuit, or other gear please let us know. It’s usually best to learn in what you own. Just ask if you are not sure what to bring. firstname.lastname@example.org
White Water Kayak 2. The second weekend in the series of learning to white water kayak at Alder Creek Kayak in Portland, Oregon.