Werner Shuna Bent Shaft Fiberglass
The Werner Shuna Bent Shaft Fiberglass paddle is one of Werner’s most sought after high-angle touring paddles. Designed for high-angle paddle strokes, it is well suited for nimble maneuvers in dynamic waters. The neutral bent shaft puts your wrists in a neutral position, easing fatigue on the wrists. The Shuna is durable yet lightweight, and is great for either active or relaxed paddling. The mid-sized blades fit a wide range of kayakers, offering a powerful catch and stroke for increased forward efficiency.
The Werner Shuna kayak paddle’s shaft has an adjustable ferrule system, offering 15-degree adjustments of your blade offset. Its blade design includes dihedral shaping, which decreases decreases flutter, reducing fatigue. The two-piece design makes for easy traveling and storage. Whether you’re pulling advanced maneuvers in the surf, or casually cruising the bay, the versatility and comfort of the Werner Shuna Bent Shaft kayak paddle makes it the perfect all-around paddle.
- Blade size: 46 x 18 cm; 610 sq cm
- Approx 28 3/4 oz.
- Carbon shaft
- Fiberglass blades
- High visibility translucent colors: Amber, Orange and Red
- High Angle Paddling
- A more powerful catch and stroke for increased forward efficiency.
- The paddle is kept at a high angle relative to the water and a faster cadence is used.
- Best for linking a variety of maneuvering stokes.
- Excellent for bracing and rolling
- Mid-sized Premium Blades
- Mid-sized blades fit the widest range of kayakers.
- Lighter, smooth feel on the water.
- Fiberglass continuous weave blades for light weight to strength ratio.
- Dihedral for smooth forward strokes.
- Smart-View™ Adjustable Ferrule
- Elegant, easy to use design.
- Low profile button looks and feels like a 1-piece paddle.
- Internal gear system for precise fit.
- Viewing window shows you your offset.
- Adjusts feather left or right in 15 degree increments.
- You determine what feather works best for you.
- Neutral Bent Shaft Carbon
- Neutral bent shafts naturally aligns wrists to reduce fatigue
- More hand to shaft contact for increased control
- Immediate comfort and reduced strain with lighter grip
- Extremely light weight with Werner durability
- Balanced for precise control and comfort
- Standard and Small Diameter Shaft
- Two shaft sizes ensure you get a proper fit.
- A good fit allows you to use a light grip, reducing fatigue and increasing comfort and performance.
- Hands larger than 7” fit our Standard Shaft.
- Hands smaller than 6.5” fit our Small Shaft
- Hands between 6.5” and 7” – try both!
- Light Swing Weight
- Swing weight is the weight you feel each time you lift your blade during a stroke.
- A light swing weight reduces fatigue and makes paddling more fun.
Note: When ordering, STD = Standard Diameter Shaft; SM = Small Diameter Shaft