Werner Kalliste Bent Shaft
The Werner Kalliste Bent Shaft kayak paddle is all about efficiency and reducing fatigue. It is all carbon for light weight and stiffness, so it is efficient. Its bent shaft puts your wrists in a neutral position reducing wear on your wrists. Its buoyant blades help lift the blade out of the water for you reducing fatigue. They also help rolling by floating flat to the surface. And it is a low angle paddle style paddle which is the least fatigue producing style. The Kalliste Bent Shaft will go for mile after mile of pleasurable kayaking.
- Blade size: 52 x 16 cm; 650 sq cm
- Approx 26 1/2 oz.
- Carbon shaft
- Carbon, buoyant foam-core blades – Stiffness for efficiency and buoyant blades reduce fatigue and assist rolling
- Made in the USA
- Low Angle Paddling – The most common paddling style using a more casual cadence.
- The paddle is kept at a low angle relative to the water and a relaxed arching stroke is used.
- Mid-sized Performance Core Blades – Mid-sized blades fit the widest range of kayakers.
- Lighter, buoyant feel on the water.
- Carbon weave for lightest weight to strength ratio.
- Dihedral for smooth forward strokes.
- Ribless back for smooth sculling strokes.
- Elegant, easy to use design.
- Low profile button looks and feels like a 1-piece paddle.
- Adjusts feather left or right in 15 degree increments.
- Neutral Bent Shaft Carbon – Neutral bent shafts naturally aligns wrists to reduce fatigue
- More hand to shaft contact for increased control
- Immediate comfort and reduced strain with lighter grip
- Choice of Standard or Small Diameter Shaft – Two shaft sizes ensure you get a proper fit.
- A good fit allows you to use a light grip, reducing fatigue and increasing comfort and performance.
- Hands larger than 7” fit our Standard Shaft.
- Hands smaller than 6.5” fit our Small Shaft
- Hands between 6.5” and 7” – try both!
Note: When ordering, “STD” = Standard Size diameter shaft, “SM” = Small Size Diameter shaft