Go paddling in your backyard, Portland has awesome urban wilderness that you can experience on the Ross Island Tour. You can even ride your bike to our launch location to make it a no driving recreational day! The Ross Island Tour leaves from the Boat House dock along the Eastside Esplanade near SE Water and Clay and explores the backwaters of the Willamette River between Ross Island and Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge.
- Journey up to 3 nautical miles around Ross Island
- Introduction to basic equipment
- City Views
- Wildlife Viewing
-PFD’s, Life Jacket
-Our great guides!
This tour meets at our Portland Boathouse location, just north of OMSI, right next to the Hawthorne Bridge.
1515 SE Water Ave
Portland, OR 97214
Customers have the option to use their own gear with approval. (Boats need to have secure buoyancy in the stern and be long enough to keep up with the group)
If you are un-able to bring the items listed below please let us know as we can provide them if needed. We DO NOT typically provide immersion wear for this tour.
What to Bring on your Ross Island Tour:
- Sunglasses with retention device (i.e. Croakies, Chums, etc)
- Sunscreen (SPF 30), lip balm (SPF 15)
- Water & Snack bar
- Rain jacket
- River footwear or booties
- Nylon shorts and/or swimsuit
- Synthetic top and bottom layers
- Insulating socks (not cotton)
- Towel and change of clothes for ride home
Optional Items you could bring include:
- Water proof camera
- Sun hat, rain hat, and/or fleece hat