Portland Kayak/Canoe/SUP Rentals - Jantzen Beach
Take-away rentals are available! Click below to reserve your time slot!
On-site rentals are closed for the winter.
On-site rentals are put on the water on the Columbia River at our Jantzen Beach location. Durations range from 1 hour up to a full day of paddling (open to close).
Take-away rentals are loaded on/in your vehicle for you to take to a location of your choice. Durations start at 24 hours.
We can strap a kayak to a bare car roof, but please be aware that we are not responsible for damage caused to your vehicle by properly securing a load. As such, it is safer for your vehicle if you have a roof rack or truck bed for transportation. We reserve the right to refuse any rental if we believe the craft cannot be safely transported.
If your rental is complicated, or if you are wanting to rent specific high-performance craft such as sea kayaks, whitewater kayaks, or touring/downriver canoes, please call us at (503)285-0464.
- Reservations are highly recommended. Your reservation may be released if you are more than 10 minutes late.
- We do accept walk-up rentals, but weekends are often fully booked and we may close early on days with no reservations.
- 48-hour cancellation policy for full refund. If you cancel within 48 hours we can reschedule you to another day.
- Take-away and multi-day rentals are available at this location only.
- Rental equipment includes paddle, life jacket (PFD), and whistle. PFD must be worn!
- All participants will be required to sign our liability waiver.
- Youth under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult, and must be at least 12 years old to paddle their own craft.
- Staff reserves the right to refuse rentals for any reason.
Know before you go! For the safety and enjoyment of our customers, we have recommended weight capacities for our variety of rental equipment. Please call us if you have any questions.
- Recreational Singles: 250 lbs limit
- Recreational Tandems: 450 lbs - 475 lbs limit
- Stand Up Paddleboards: 210 lbs limit
- Canoes: 550 lbs limit
We are located on the mighty Columbia River as it splits around Hayden Island; Alder Creek Kayak & Canoe, 200 NE Tomahawk Island Dr, Portland, Oregon 97217.
10am - 5pm, 7 days a week (last on-site rentals at 3pm)
200 NE Tomahawk Island Dr, Portland, OR 97217