Portland Kayak Rentals - Jantzen Beach
Rentals are currently closed due to high water levels. Reservations will be available when the river drops to a suitable level.
Previous Paddling Experience Recommended
The current can be swift in the spring and early summer. You will launch into a no-wake zone, but there is slow moving boat traffic in the area year-round. If you are unsure if you're qualified to paddle at Jantzen Beach, give us a call at (503)285-0464 or check out our other fantastic rental locations.
On-site rentals are rentals put on the water on the Columbia River at our Jantzen Beach location. Durations range from 1 hour up to a full day of paddling (open to close).
Take-away rentals are rentals that you can load up on/in your vehicle and take to a location of your choice. Durations start at 24 hours.
We can strap a kayak to a bare car roof, but please be aware that we are not responsible for damage caused to your vehicle by properly securing a load. As such, it is safer for your vehicle if you have a roof rack or truck bed for transportation. We reserve the right to refuse any rental if we believe the craft cannot be safely transported.
If your rental is complicated, or if you are wanting to rent specific high-performance craft such as sea kayaks, whitewater kayaks, or touring/downriver canoes, please call us at (503)285-0464.
- Reservations are highly recommended. Your reservation may be released if you are more than 10 minutes late.
- We do accept walk-up rentals, but weekends are often fully booked and we may close early on days with no reservations.
- 48-hour cancellation policy for full refund. If you cancel within 48 hours we can reschedule you to another day.
- Take-away and multi-day rentals are available at this location only.
- Rental equipment includes paddle, life jacket (PFD), and whistle. PFD must be worn!
- All participants will be required to sign our liability waiver.
- Youth under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult, and must be at least 12 years old to paddle their own craft.
- Staff reserves the right to refuse rentals for any reason.
We are located on the mighty Columbia River as it splits around Hayden Island; Alder Creek Kayak & Canoe, 200 NE Tomahawk Island Dr, Portland, Oregon 97217.
10am - 5pm, 7 days a week (last rentals at 3pm)
200 NE Tomahawk Island Dr, Portland, OR 97217