We offer a wide range of gear rentals. We can outfit you for a mellow float for a few hours or an intense multi-day adventure.
Use the menu on the left side of this page to see the kinds of rentals we have.
Alder Creek Kayak & Canoe is happy to provide demo and rental boats and equipment to its customers.
These are the requirements of this program:
- Paddlers must have previous experience – Except at Tualatin Brown’s ferry Park, or Ridgefield
- Paddling in surf conditions or whitewater is permitted with proper qualification.
- We may limit the available rivers and stretches of those rivers that are OK to paddle.
- Alder Creek Kayak & Canoe must approve your itinerary.
- Alder Creek Kayak & Canoe requires a signed release of liability and a security deposit for each participant.
- Alder Creek Kayak & Canoe reserves the right to refuse a rental due to an inadequate boat transportation system, intoxication, or lack of experience
We want you to try before you buy! If you have a specific boat in mind, come on out to our Jantzen Beach store for a test paddle. If you demo a boat in the water behind the store there is no charge. If you do an off-site demo, standard rental rates apply. You will be credited with one day’s rental if you purchase a boat within 30 days of a rental.
- Janzten Beach offers 9am, and full/multi day reservations with full payment. All other rentals are first come first serve. Call 503-285-0464 to reserve
- Tualatin offers first come first serve rentals only
- George Rogers offers first come first serve rentals only
- Ridgefield offers reservations all day (24 hour notice required, boats will not be held if you are more than 10 mins late) Call 360-727-4520 to reserve
Please allow 48 hour notice for any cancellations or changes in your rental reservation. Give us a call. Cancellations within 48 hours of the reserved date are NOT refundable. If you have not arrived after 10 minutes or notified us of a change, we reserve the right to release your reservation