Saturday, October 6, 2012, Willamette Riverkeeper Hosts the
4th Annual Great Willamette Clean Up
Take part in this 187-mile effort to clean up the Willamette: A river that is essential to life in Oregon. Bring your family & friends. Earn enough river-karma to last a year! Meet other river-loving enthusiasts, have fun and get an awesome, FREE EVENT T-SHIRT!
▪ Clean Up takes place on-water (by boat) & on-land (by foot).
▪ 13 different locations along River—from Eugene to Portland.
▪ Some sites offer seats on canoes/kayaks for only $12 (includes paddle & life vest)!
▪ Event sponsor or a student? No need to pay! Email us for your promo code.
▪ BYOB = Bring your own boat (& life vest).
▪ Please wear layers, non-cotton clothes, good shoes, water bottle & work gloves.
▪ We supply bags, plastic gloves, dumpster & a lead volunteer @ each site.
▪ After clean up celebrations with food & goodies! See below for details.
*Eugene & Springfield sites do not request registration – details here!
After Celebration Details
▪ Portland surrounding area sites—12:30-2:30pm @ Bunk Bar for free lunch & t-shirts, a raffle with sweet prizes & libations (21+).
▪ Eugene/Springfield sites—1:00pm @ Maurie Jacobs Park for free lunch, giveaways & more by REI.
▪ Corvallis/Albany sites—12:30pm @ Calapooia Brewing for good company & good eats at a discount.
▪ Chehalem Paddle Launch Site—details coming soon!